Friday, December 30, 2011

Holy Poo!


Let me start with same simple facts.  I have my limits.  The point of this blog is to prove to myself (and hopefully others) that one everyday person really can make a difference in the world.  But, I’m not insane. 

The other day, I was watching TLC’s “Extreme Cheapskates” (yes, I somewhat regularly enjoy crappy TV, ridicule away).  Oh how the Midwest cheapskates and world savers (who are often one and the same) were representing. 

One Kansas cheapskate profiled was a stay-at-home mom of six kids.  That fact alone says that this is one brave, brave lady.  But, in case you need further convincing of her bravery, listen to how she saves an extra 20 bucks a month….BY NOT BUYING TOILET PAPER.  Instead, she enlists her kids to cut up old cloths into squares which are placed next to the toilet and used in place toilet paper.  Used squares are then thrown in a bucket next to the loo and washed. 

Let’s all give that lady a round of golf claps for doing the unthinkable. 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hmmmmmm. That must take a very hot wash in the washer, laundry soap, then the dryer has to run. If we analyzed this closer what's better for the environment the toilet paper down the drain or washing these poop rags.

Praveen said...

Ewwww. I could not imagine a more horrible job than washing the contents of that bucket!