Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bagged

Recall ages ago I said there were two simple world-saving things I had a hard time doing, the first being limiting my use of paper towels.  More on the progress on that front some other time. 

Here’s another struggle--using re-usable grocer bags.  It seems like everyone and their mother has taken up this green trend except me.  For whatever reason, I can’t seem to manage to get the bags to the grocery store.  I could keep some bags in my car, which would help, but I probably only use the car to get grocery shop 50% of the time (and remember to put them back in the car).  So, I have to carry the bag with me at all times or I have to actually remember when I head to the grocery store (assuming I also start planning these trips in advance since I often just swing by after work).   

On the bright side, I don’t just throw away the bags I get from the grocery store.  I use them for all kinds of things like garage bags, dirty shoe carriers, and yarn storage. 

It’s still pretty lame. So, my goal over the next couple of weeks is to a) make some reusable bags, b) stuff them in places like the car and my work bag, and c) start using them. 

Anyone have any tips?

We’ll see what happens. 

No comments: