Thursday, July 21, 2011

Things I “Can’t” Do


Ok, so there’s lots of world saving things I realistically can’t do ever or can't do just yet.  But there are also a few very obvious, reasonably easy things that I FEEL like I CAN’T do.  I’m human with faults, you know.

What am I struggling with, you might ask?  The first one, is a doozy.  Paper towels.  I can’t see to let go of over using paper towels.  They are my security blanket.  I use paper towels for much of my cleaning—from every day stuff like wiping the counters to more serious jobs like washing the windows.  Go ahead and shun me, but I even use them to dust.  I know there’s no good excuse for this naughty behavior, but, truthfully, re-using dish clothes and rags just grosses me out.  I can’t explain it.  I’m not an overly obsessive neat person.  I don’t think I’m a germ a-phob.  But it literally makes me sick to my stomach to regularly use the same dish towel.  AND, I don’t like washing those towels with my other towel or my clothes. 

I don’t know how to get over this.  I’m here, though, seeking your help.

PS.  I’ve got another “can’t” I’ll be sharing soon. 

PPS.  I'm behind on posting because a) we've been very busy remodeling our bathroom and b) we had a brown-out last night--we had one working light and a sort of working fridge.  Excuses, excuses, I know. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I ask when was the last time you washed windows? Where?

MAK said...

I don't know ((((>>>>:!<">) who asked the above question, but would like to know the answer ......

Carissa said...

I bought scads of kitchen towels, and I save them in a laundry basket until I have enough for a full load. Let the towels be segregated!

jelin said...

Hey Jen, Use old newspapers to wash your windows....they don't leave lint like some paper towels,they don't streak... and you're saving trees at the same time. Of course be sure you're done reading it first.

And I believe I may have seen Jen wash a window at least once.