Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sew Saving the World

Exhibit A
I’ve taken up sewing rather recently, and at some point tossed around the idea of starting some craft blog for novices like myself but opted to save the world instead.  That being said, I’m certain that sewing plays an integral role in my plan to save the world.  Let’s review Exhibit A.  That’s my lunch bag, made with love by my dear mom.  I take my lunch to work in this reusable bag almost every day.  And, I’ve shared the wealth.  One of the first things I created when I started sewing in my adult life was a lunch bag for a friend.  And then some more lunch bags (Exhibit B).  Then I sort of went crazy with the lunch bags.  Anyway, using my lunch bag (and giving others lunch bags to use) is definitely key to my world saving activities simply because it’s reusable.  Reusable=less waste.  The math is simple. 

Exhibit B

Sew saving the world?  Why yes, I think so. Oh, how I love a good play on words….

2 comments:

Satoris said...

I love the bag you made me. As I told you, right now I'm using mine as a trendy mini-diaper bag... so, I think that means I probably need another one. :) :) :)

Becky said...

Keep on sewing.