Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Don’t poo-poo this post….

Contrary to my husband’s belief, I don’t think that I’m always right (just usually).  Actually, I believe that, for most tasks, there are many “right” ways to get the job done.  However, there is this one thing that, as far as I am concerned, there is ONLY one right way to it.  My way, naturally. 

It’s pretty simple really--putting the toilet paper on the roll.  Oh, yes, good ol’ TP hanging.  There is no arguing with me on this one--the toilet paper should ALWAYS be placed so the loose sheets hang over the top of the roll.   Why?  Because, by golly, it’s saving the world (and right).



In order to assure you that I have not gone off the deep end, let me explain.  In short, hanging the loose sheets over the roll (read:  correctly) allows for easy, quick one-handed tearing.  Hanging the roll so the loose sheets are under the roll (read:  incorrectly) results in erratic, unexpected unrolling of the TP when attempting to tear.  You get too much (I know you aren’t re-rolling the extra every time…don’t lie).  Then you waste it.  Considering the number of times a day you use the restroom, this is no small matter.  You can get the full (scientifically sound) details here:  http://currentconfig.com/2005/02/22/essential-life-lesson-1-over-is-right-under-is-wrong/

Come on, all.  This is one thing we can all do to save the world.  Don’t be afraid to adjust your friends’ rolls a dinner parties too.  You know I will be doing it. 

PS.  MM,  there is nothing about not changing the toilet paper roll that saves the world.  Don’t even try it. 
PPS.  Shout out to T expressed upon me the seriousness of TP hanging. 

2 comments:

Katie Grimshaw said...

Don't forget to recycle those toilet paper tubes too!

Satoris said...

I always change other peoples' toilet paper if it's put on "incorrectly"... always have. I'm just anal like that (pun kinda intended).... :)