Friday, April 22, 2011

Saving the World

I live what most would consider a pretty normal life.  In my life, I wear many hats–I’m a wife, a daughter, a friend, a scientist, a runner, a reader, a crafter, and many other things.  But I want to be a world saver too.  It’s as simple as that.  I want to save the world.  Do I think I can do it alone?  Well, no.  But, do I think I can do something?  Most definitely yes.    

So, I’m starting this world-saving adventure and chronicling it online for all to see (mom and Tori, that might just be you two, so comment often).   My goal?  To detail my efforts, small and large, to save the world.  These might be things I already do (isn’t the suspense killing you?), new habits I form, or one-time events.  To hold myself accountable, I’m announcing straight off with only a tiny bit of hesitation that I intend to post a minimum of twice a week for at least 1 year.  FYI, that’s a minimum of 102 world-saving “things”—isn’t it already easier to see how I’m going to save the world?  I’m accepting applications for volunteers who will hold me to this twice weekly goal. 

In all seriousness, ultimately (*fingers crossed*), I hope to a) inspire myself to make the world a better place and b) prove to myself and others that us every day folks can make a positive impact on the world. 

Oh, and…coincidentally….Happy Earth Day! 

This is me signing off.  Toodles. 

3 comments:

Satoris said...

I'll be interested in seeing what sorts of things you do. I like to think I'm saving the world by things I don't do as opposed to do do (insert giggle here) - like how I don't litter or purposefully pollute or text while driving.

Anyway, I'm following you now, so I'll hold you accountable - to blogging - not to saving the world. You'll have to be in charge of that.

Heather said...

Sounds like the beginning of a good book to me. I'll be interested to see what you do. Best wishes and welcome to blogging!

Becky said...

Jen,
Great blog you always inspire me. I also hate litter but will no longer be able to just walk by it. I'll be checking for new ideas every week.
Mom